Laboratoire Inter-disciplinaire de Physique, Universite Joseph Fourier
140 Rue de la Physique
My broad goal is to develop and study mechanical models for cell biophysics to understand how cells control their shape, volume and motility to perform collective tasks. I have been working on cell crawling during my PhD with Lev Truskinovsky.
More specifically i studied the response of cells to different types of loading (pushing and pulling), the way cells can initiate motility and how they can
self organize to perform optimaly. The aim of my Postdoc with Jean-François Joanny was to model cell volume homeostasis with a special emphasis on the nuclear envelop breakdown.
During my stay at Institut Curie, I have also studied the mechanically driven formation of actin rings as well as collective cell migration. At the Mathematical institute of the University of Oxford,
with Alain Goriely and Antoine Jérusalem have investigated the mechanics of neurites with the aim of understanding how to stimulate their regeneration after a trauma.
I have then moved to the Engineering Department of Cambridge University to work on suspended tissue fracture mechanics with Alexandre Kabla and Guillaume Charras. I have recently moved to the Laboratoire Inter-disciplinaire de Physique as a CNRS junior fellow.
- The dynamic mechanical properties of cellularised aggregates, with N. Khalilgharibi, J. Fouchard, A. Kabla and G.Charras, Current Opinion in Cell Biology, 42,113-120, 2016.
- Rigidity generation by nonthermal fluctuations, with R. Sheshka and L. Truskinovsky, Phys. Rev. E 93, 052604, 2016 (Short first announcement arXiv:1509.02753).
- Growth, collapse, and stalling in a mechanical model for neurite motility, with A. Jerusalem and A. Goriely, Phys. Rev. E 93, 032410, 2016 (arXiv:1512.01005).
- One-dimensional collective migration of a proliferating cell monolayer, with J. Ranft and P. Marcq, Soft Matter, doi: 10.1039/C5SM02857D, 2016 (arXiv:1601.00597).
- Assembly and positioning of actomyosin rings by contractility and PCP, with I. Sehring, E.Denker, M. Kourakis, B. Mathiesen E. Hannezo, B. Dong and D. Jiang, elife, 4:e09206, 2015
- Mechanics of motility initiation and motility arrest in crawling cells, with T. Putelat and L. Truskinovsky, J. Mec. Phys. Sol.,84, 469--505, 2015 (arXiv:1501.07185).
- Cortical instability drives periodic supracellular actin pattern formation in epithelial tubes, with E. Hannezo, B. Dong, J.-F. Joanny and S. Hayashi, Proc. Nat. Aca. Sci. 112, 28, 2015.
- Maximum velocity of self-propulsion for an active segment, with L. Truskinovsky, Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids, doi: 10.1177/1081286515588675, 2015 (arXiv:1501.07194).
- Optimality of contraction-driven crawling, with J.-F. Joanny and L. Truskinovsky, Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 218101, 2014 (arXiv:1402.0673).
- Descending aorta subject-specific one-dimensional model validated against in vivo data, with E. Bollache, N. Kachenoura, A. Redheuil, F. Frouin, E. Mousseaux and D. Lucor, Journal of Biomechanics, 2013.
- Contraction-Driven Cell Motility, with T. Putelat and L. Truskinovsky, Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 108102, 2013 (arXiv:1302.3999).
- Asymmetry between pushing and pulling for crawling cells, with L. Truskinovsky, Phys. Rev. E 87, 022720, 2013 (arXiv:1302.4002).
Talks and Posters in conferences
- 2016 : British Applied Mathematics Colloquium Oxford, UK
- 2016 : International Winter School New Challenges in the Physics of the Brain: From Cells to Organs, Ecole de Physique des Houches, France
- 2015 : Labex CelTisPhyBio retreat, Nantes, France
- 2015 : Summer School Coupling Geometric PDEs with Physics for Cell Morphology, Motility and Pattern Formation, Cambridge, UK
- 2014 : International workshop Mechanobiology of the cell and tissues morphogenesis, Milano, Italy
- 2014 : International conference Mathematics and its applications to complex phenomena arising in biology, chemistry and medicine, CIRM, France
- 2014 : International conference Mechanics in Biology, l'Aquila, Italy
- 2013 : International conference Dynamics of Suspensions, Gels, Cells and Tissues, Cambridge, UK (Poster)
- 2012-2013 : Tutorials for the third year course Introduction aux Probabilités et aux Statistiques at ENSTA
- 2011-2012 : Lectures and tutorials for the third year course Mécanique des milieux continus et des structures at EPF
- 2010-2012 : Tutorials for the four year course Eléments finis at EPF
Past references and collaborators